This recipe was awesome even my five year old daughter loved it!
Sweet Potato Pie
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 1 pound sweet potato
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 /2 cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 ( 9 inch) unbaked pie crust
- Peel and chopped sweet potatoes and boil until tender. Drain.
- Mash sweet potatoes in a bowl.
- Add butter, sugar, milk, eggs, nutmeg, cinnamon, clove, ginger, vanilla, lemon juice and flour.
- Beat on low speed until mixture is smooth.
- Pour filling into an unbaked pie crust.
- Bake at 350° for 55 to 60 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.