Great dish. But I need to double it because it is not enough to feed the hungry men in my family!
Crock Pot Sausage and Apples
Recipe type: Dinner
- 1 lb canned sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1 lb Sausage, sliced - ( I used Chicken with apples and maple syrup)
- 3 tart cooking apples, thickly sliced
- ½ cup brown sugar ( you can use less)
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- ¾ cup apple juice
- Put half of the sauerkraut in the bottom of crock pot.
- Place apples and sausage on top.
- Top with other half of sauerkraut.
- Mix apple juice, brown sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Pour apple juice mixture over top
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low 6-7 hours.