This is nice way to use up eggplant from your garden. The stuffing and cheese combination are great, especially on a cold winter day.
Recipe type: Dinner
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 medium onion
- 1 box cornbread stuffing
- 1 lb hamburger
- Cheddar Cheese (or cheese of your choice)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Grease a 2 qt. casserole dish.
- Peel and cube eggplant.
- Chop onion.
- Cook eggplant and onion in boiling water until tender, drain.
- Brown hamburger, drain off fat.
- Prepare cornbread stuffing according to directions.
- Combine all ingredients and put in casserole dish and top with cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese melts.