If you like sausage and soup you are going to like this! It is simple,delicious and great on a cold winter day.
Italian Sausage Soup
Recipe type: Dinner
- 12 ounces hot or sweet turkey Italian sausage
- 2 cans chicken broth
- 2 cups hot water with 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 (14.5) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ½ cup uncooked small shell pasta ( or pasta of your choice)
- 2 cups bagged baby spinach leaves ( I used one bag frozen mixed veggies)
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- Heat a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Remove casings from sausage.
- Add sausage to pan and cook until brown, stirring to crumble.
- Drain and return to pan.
- Add broth, water, tomatoes, pasta and mixed veggies to pan.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes or until done.
- Sprinkle each serving with cheese and basil.
- Serve with bread and enjoy.