Who doesn’t love chicken pot pie? This is great way to use left over chicken or even turkey.
Classic Chicken Pot Pie
Recipe type: Dinner
- ⅓ cup butter
- ⅓ cup chopped onion
- ⅓ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper ( I used a little more)
- 1-3/4 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup milk
- 2-1/2 cups cooked chicken or turkey
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- Heat oven to 425°
- Make pie crust using a 9-inch glass pie pan.
- In a 2-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion, cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until tender.
- Stir in flour, salt and pepper until well blended.
- Gradually stir in broth and milk, cooking and stirring until bubbly and thickened.
- Stir in chicken and mixed vegetables.
- Remove from heat.
- Spoon chicken mixture into crust lined pan.
- Top with second crust, seal edges and flute.
- Cut slits in several places in top crust..
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.