I made this today with the left over ham from Easter. It was amazing. There were no left overs. The recipe says it serves 6 but it really is enough only for four. The next time I will have to double this for my family.
Scalloped Potato, Ham and Broccoli
Recipe type: Dinner
- 2 pounds, sliced (I washed and left skin on)
- 2 cups chopped ham
- 2 cups broccoli (thawed and chopped)
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 1-1/2 cup shredded cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Spray a baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In a sauce pan, melt the butter and saute onions for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in flour and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Slowly pour in the milk and whisk to combine, stirring occasionally until thickened.
- Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Layer half of the potatoes in the dish, followed by half the ham and half broccoli.
- Pour half the sauce evenly over the top and sprinkle with ½ cup cheese.
- Make another layer and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake for 60 to 90 minutes or until done.
- Uncover and turn the broiler on.
- Broil for 5 to 7 minutes or until browned and bubbly on top.