My husband absolutely loved these. He said they tasted just like a chocolate chip cookie. I have another recipe that I make but he likes these much better. If you like a bar that taste more like a cake, then the other recipe is for you.
Awesome Congo Bars
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2-1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups (12-ounce pkg.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla, until smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Cut into bars.