I made a few of these for my son’s family birthday party. It was a big hit with the whole family.
Chicken Pot Pie with 2 Crusts
Recipe type: Dinner
- ⅓ cup butter
- ⅓ cup flour
- ⅓ cup chopped onion
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1-3/4 cups chicken broth
- ⅔ cups milk
- 2 cups cut up cooked chicken
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 prepared pie crust ( 1 top crust and 1 bottom crust)
- Heat butter over low heat until melted.
- Blend in flour, onion, salt and pepper.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth and bubbly.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in broth and milk.
- Heat to a boiling; stirring constantly. Boil and stir one minute.
- Stir in chicken and vegetables ( Can add if you like, 1-2 diced cooked potatoes)
- Line a pie plate with prepared bottom crust.
- Pour in filling.
- Top with top crust. Cut slits in center to vent. Flute edges.
- Cook uncovered in 425 degrees F. oven until crust is brown; about 30-35 minutes