It is not just for Breakfast. I also make this for brunch, lunch and even dinner.
Herb Breakfast Frittata
Recipe type: Breakfast
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large potato, peeled and thinly sliced
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or ¼ teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- In a 8-in ovenproof skillet, saute onion in oil until tender.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove onion and keep warm.
- Arrange potato ins a single layer over bottom of pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, seasonings and onion; pour over potatoes.
- Cover and cook for 4 to 6 minutes or until nearly set.
- Uncover skillet.
- Broil 3-4 in from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until eggs are completely set.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Cut into wedges.