One night I wanted to make mashed potatoes for dinner but I did not have enough of either regular potatoes or sweet potatoes. So I said why not put them together. The combination was delicious and a nice change.
Yukon Gold and Sweet Potato Mash
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 1 pound Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-1/2-in chunks
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-1/2-inch chunks
- ½ cup low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ pepper
- Place potatoes and sweet potatoes in large saucepan and add enough water to cover.
- Bring to a boil over high heat and cook until very tender, about 20-25 minutes.
- Drain potatoes, then mash then in the pot to desired consistency.
- Place milk and butter in small bowl and microwave on High until the butter is mostly melted and the milk is warm, 30 to 40 seconds.
- Stir the milk mixture, sugar, salt and pepper into the mashed potatoes until combined.