My family really loved this pizza. The crust was thick and crunchy.
Quick No Rise Pizza Crust
Recipe type: Dinner
- 1 (.25 oz ) package dry yeast (2-1/4 teaspoon from a jar)
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- 2-1/2 cups bread flour ( I used regular flour)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F with a rack in the middle position.
- If you have a pizza stone, put it in the oven while it pre-heats.
- In a Ninja with a dough blade, dissolve the yeast and sugar in the warm water. Let sit for five minutes.
- Add the flour, salt and olive oil and mix until combined and dough looks flaky.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured counter and roll until 1" bigger then your pan on all sides.
- Lightly dust the bottom of your pizza pan with cornmeal or grease pan to avoid sticking.
- Place the dough onto the pan pressing into the edge, then fold over the overhang to create the crust.
- Add your toppings.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is bubbling and just starting to brown in spots.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before cutting.
I made two pizzas. One cheese and the other veggie. I used sliced black olives, thinly sliced red onions, sliced red peppers, minced garlic and I added some freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Hungry Yet? Feast your eyes on these beauties.